Staffordshire Fire & Rescue Service
Welephant Club Privacy Notice
Staffordshire Fire and Rescue Service, Pirehill, Stone, Staffordshire, ST15 0BS is the data controller for the personal information we are collecting.
The categories of information that we collect, process, hold and share include:
- Child's personal details (such as name, gender, date of birth)
- Parent/guardian's details ( such as name, address, e-mail address)
How we use your personal information
We use the information collected on the Welephant application form to:
- Inform and educate children about fire safety, road safety and health and wellbeing.
- Contact parents in connection with the child's membership.
The lawful basis on which we use this information
We collect and use this information on the basis of the parent's consent. You can withdraw consent at any time by writing to us or using the form on our web site.
Collecting this information
We collect the information we need in order to be able to send you Welephant club newsletters and manage your child's membership. Some of the information we may ask you to provide is voluntary, if this is the case, we will inform you that you do not need to provide this information.
Storing this information
We keep this information while your child is a member of the Welephant club, from ages 4 to 9, unless the parent/guardian asks for the details to be removed.
Who we share this information with
We only share this information with the company that produces Welephant newsletters and communications. This organisation's contract requires them to keep personal information secure and destroy it when no longer required.
Requesting access to your personal data
Under data protection legislation, you have the right to request access to information we hold about you. To make a request for your personal information please contact the Data Protection Officer using the details shown at the end of this notice.
You also have the right to:
- Object to processing of personal data that is likely to cause, or is causing, damage or distress
- Prevent processing for the purpose of direct marketing
- Object to decisions being taken by automated means
- In certain circumstances, have inaccurate personal data rectified, blocked, erased or destroyed; and
- Claim compensation for damages caused by a breach of the Data Protection regulations.
Complaints and concerns
If you have a concern about the way we are collecting or using your personal data, we request that you raise your concern with us in the first instance, either through the complaints page on our web site or by writing to the address given at the end of this notice.
You can also contact the Information Commissioner's Office to complain by visiting their web site at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/, telephoning 0303 123 1113 or writing to:
Information Commissioner's Office
If you would like further information about this privacy notice, please contact:
Data Protection Officer
Staffordshire Fire and Rescue Service HQ