Candles, incense or Bukhoor can help create a nice atmosphere and discard bad smells in your home but they can be a fire hazard.
Candle safety tips
- Never leave, candles, incense or Bukhoor unattended.
- Always use a holder or a burner
- Burners and holders should always be put on a flat, non-flammable surface and away from windows.
- Keep candles, incense or Bukhoor out of reach of children.
- As with cooking keep you clothing out of the way of the flames.
- When you have finished with an incense stick douse the tip in water and break it off. The remainder can then be relit later.