Wheelie bin fire safety
Wheelie bin fires can be devastating and cause damage to homes or business premises, and can prove fatal. Wheelie bin fires are often caused either by accident or arson, but are almost always preventable.
Protect your home and help prevent bin fires in your local area by following these tips:
- Put your wheelie bin out early on the morning of waste collection, rather than late at night the day before
- Take your bin from the kerbside as soon as possible after collection
- Help out your neighbour – bring their bin in for them if needed
- Don’t overfill your bin - make sure the lid will close
- Store your bin away from your house but within the boundary of your property and ideally out of public sight